Can I change my subscription from this web site?
No, but we have two easy options to make any changes you need. You can call us at 757-446-9000.
How do I get past copies of the paper?
We do have some copies of past papers at our offices. ePilot is always an option for our subscribers. You can locate past papers, articles, etc by many different search criteria. Plus, you can share it – it is printable and you can email it.
How do I let you know if there are delivery problems?
We definitely do not want you to experience any problems with the delivery of your paper. If you do, we want to know. There are many ways to contact us. We are always available to address your concerns at 757-446-9000. You can also Email Us. We will work to resolve your concerns immediately.
How do I win contests on PilotVIP?
The first thing you had to do is register to be a member of the VIP club. With that out of the way, you should bounce over to “Contests & Sweepstakes” (look on the left of the homepage) and officially submit an entry there. As we grow the site, in terms of subscribers and prizes, VIP members will be able to enter specific contests.
Please see “What are the benefits of being a Pilot VIP?” above to find out how the winners are selected. You’ll quickly see how being a long-term, 7-day subscriber increases your chances of winning.
What are the benefits of being a Pilot VIP?
Anyone can join PilotVIP. However, this website is intended for Pilot subscribers. It’s designed to keep them informed, entertained, and connected to The Pilot community. Subscribers, particularly those who have been with the Pilot for more than two years and are seven-day subscribers, have better chances to win prizes in VIP.com contests. Here’s how it works:
- Since anyone can enter, non-subscribers get one entry per contest.
- Subscribers who have been with the Pilot for a year or less get two entries per contest.
- Subscribers who have been with the paper for more than one year but less than two get three entries per contest.
- Subscribers who have been with the paper for more than two years get five entries per contest.
BONUS: Anyone who gets the paper seven days a week gets triple entries. So any subscriber without two years of uninterrupted service (with the exception of vacation stops) will get 15 entries per contest. The same goes for those who have been with us less than a year (six entries) and between one and two years (nine entries). There’s a real benefit to being a seven-day subscriber. In addition to winning fabulous prizes, we offer coupons and other deals straight from this site. You can also keep up with everything going on at the Pilot via our blog at Pilot Online, our Facebook page and our Twitter account. Make sure you check those out. Every Friday, we’ll be sending out a e-newsletter that will bring you up to speed on the newest contests, who won recent contests and other news you can use. If you are not currently subscriber, please Click Here!
What are the rules for all PilotVIP contests?
Contest Rules and Disclaimers
- Winners must be 18 years old or older, parents or legal guardian must claim prize(s), even though prizes can or may be used by a minor. If prizes require winner to be of legal age, winner must be of legal age requirement to claim prize(s).
- Only one winner per household, per (30) thirty days, unless otherwise notified in individual contest rules.
- All prizes will be mailed to winner unless otherwise notified.
- Any grand prize(s) that total over $600, may be subject to an IRS 1099 form and winner must provide a valid Social Security Number. All taxes for prize(s) that are subject to IRS taxation, payment of that tax is the responsibility of the winner(s). Winners of grand prize(s) are required to complete affidavits of eligibility and a release form in order to receive that grand prize(s).
- No prize substitution will be made and prize(s) are not transferable.
- All winners agree that neither The Virginian-Pilot, L.L.C., nor any other participating sponsor will be liable for any injury that may occur in connection with winners acceptance of any contest prize(s).
- The Virginian-Pilot, L.L.C. is not responsible for events canceled by a venue or promoter and will not replace prize(s) unless provided by the venue or promoter.
- The Virginian-Pilot, L.L.C. and all participating sponsors reserve the right to use the winner’s name and likeness and the fact that he/she has won a prize(s) in publicizing this and any contest.
- Contests are not open to full or part-time employees of The Virginian-Pilot, L.L.C., any of their affiliated corporations, or any of their advertising agencies, immediate family members of such employees, or any of their assigns or licensees.
- Once a person wins a grand prize valued at $1,000 dollars or more, cash or prize(s), they or any member of their immediate family or member of their household may not participate in any contest or newspaper-sponsored contest for a period of (1) one year from winning, unless otherwise notified in individual contest rules.
- If prize that contestant wins is an event and such event is canceled due to an Act of God, The Virginian-Pilot, L.L.C. reserves the right and contestant understands that may include forfeiture of event, if such event cannot be rescheduled. Contestant will still receive any and all other prizes associated with event.
- The Virginian-Pilot, L.L.C. reserves the right to amend or change the rules at any time.
- The Virginian-Pilot, L.L.C. may exclude any contestant from being a winner and claiming a prize(s), if that contestant has broken any of the rules listed in this document.
- All decisions made by The Virginian-Pilot, L.L.C. are final.
What do I do about my paper when I go on vacation?
Be sure to let us know ahead of time. At your request, we will save your papers while you are away and redeliver them in a neat and convenient vacation pack. Or you can stop your delivery service and donate your papers to local schools while you are away or receive a credit for your vacation period.
What if I am interested in advertising on PilotVIP.com or running a promotion with Pilot VIP?
Please send an email to email@example.com.We’ll be happy to discuss both advertising and trade agreements for services, tickets to events, products, etc. as long as we think that Pilot subscribers will be interested.
What if I have trouble logging in or registering?
If you just registered, you will need to input your log in and password to be completely entered into the system. Check your e-mail for your password if you just registered. You can change your password after you have registered, or retrieve it if you have lost it by clicking the link on the homepage to retrieve your password.
Even if you have accounts with Pilot Online or ePilot, you will need to completely register with PilotVIP. Your log in and passwords from our sister sites will not work at PilotVIP unless you register with that information.
If you are using the correct information and the web site still does not let you log in, please send an email detailing the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can troubleshoot it.
What is ePilot?
With your Pilot subscription, you also get free access to ePilot, the complete digital version of The Virginian-Pilot. On the days you subscribe you can read each day’s complete edition, search past Pilot editions, and clip, print, or email articles, recipes, and photos.
What is EZ-Pay?
EZ-Pay is the convenient easy way to pay your subscription. We have many different options available for automatically charging your credit card or taking the money directly from your checking account when your subscription is ready for renewal. Plus, as an added benefit, you are automatically entered into a $500 drawing every month for as long as you are in the program.
What is NIE?
NIE is our Newspaper In Education program. The purpose is to provide newspapers to students in South Hampton Roads. A $1.00 (or more) donation can help local student receive one of the most effective learning tools available – The Virginian-Pilot. Simply add an NIE donation to your next subscription payment.
Why do I end up on PilotOnline/Hampton Roads.com when I try to win DVDs and movie tickets?
Pilot Online and HamptonRoads.com are partners of PilotVIP.com. They handle some of smaller prizes and do daily giveaways. You will need to visit them on a daily basis with a PilotOnline registration and not your PilotVIP access information. We apologize for the extra hassle, but this was the most effective way to bring the most prizes to our readers.
Why is the Pilot VIP coupon card not accepted at some Azteca locations?
When the agreements were signed to place the local Azteca restaurant chain on the Pilot VIP coupon card, one of the Azteca managers spoke for all of the other managers. The other managers later opted out. The only location that is definitely taking the card is the Chesapeake location.
Will PilotVIP use or sell my personal information?
No, absolutely not. We respect your personal information and will not pass or sell it to a third party. PilotVIP will only use your email address to occasionally send out information about the VIP program or to contact you if you have won a prize. We will also have a weekly newsletter emailed out to those who have elected to have it sent to them.